Did you know you can improve your physical health simply by caring for your teeth? A healthy smile is the first step to a healthier you. The more you strive to take care of your health and gums, the more your entire body will reap its benefits. Below are some tips to help you:
– Avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings.
– Schedule regular visits with your dentist.
– Use a mouthguard or facemask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury. If applicable, consistently clean your mouthguard.
– Have a dentist or doctor check you for any eating disorders.
– Try to use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Avoid hard candies.
– Use safe teeth whitening products. Discussed any product(s) with a dentist.
– Have your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist.
– Know your complete dental history.
– Avoid sugary drinks such as soda.
For additional tips, or to schedule an appointment, please call Healthy Smiles Dental Care PC at 860-623-2601 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, and we will do our best to help you in any way we can.